Saturday, November 17, 2012

DIY Dandelion Canvas Art

Cost: under 4$, Time: 40min




Yes, you read that correctly. If there ever was a quick craft, this is it.
This project came about from my sheer impatience. I has one canvas left over from that 5-pack that I bought at Micheals, and it was just sitting there in the living room, staring at me.
The entry to our apartment was also boring...the wall was just...staring at me.
So I combined the two.



This really is as easy as it looks. I painted the canvas green using my favorite paint, cheap-o acrylic (the kind that costs like 30c) and then when it was almost all the way dry, I scratched at it with my fingernail and rubbed at it a bit. This thinned the paint in areas, giving it a distressed, more dimensional feel that if it were just flat green and white. Wait for it to dry (a few minutes for me), then apply another coat and distress.

Then, I painted some long blades of grass and thin branches. To add the dandelion 'puffs' on top, I just stabbed my paintbrush (literally, stab it) into some paint, then I jabbed it some more against the paper plate until the bristles were separated and there was barely any paint on it. Then, I pushed it onto the canvas.

This entire project was really easy, and just what I wanted to use up that last canvas with. It took under an hour, including drying time.

Simple, thrifty, beautiful.


1 comment:

  1. Wall art is one of the most important aspects of a beautifully crafted space. That being said, we know that buying good art takes a lot of time and money. For this reason, we’ve created Wall26™ - the online hub for high quality and affordable art. cheap framed art posters

    ReplyDelete